We shall discuss the following questions in this lesson:
1. Direct democracy is no longer possible; hence we have Participatory democracy
2. Democracy requires that we should keep a careful watch over the activities of the Administration.
3. Bureaucracy has a tendency to become a law unto itself.
4. Enlightened leadership is an essential element of democracy
5. Bureaucracy was a tool of the Raj during the days f colonialism
6. The concept of the Panchayat Raj is a step in the direction of promoting accountability and transparency,
7. Structural Reforms are aimed at making the bureaucracy responsible
8. The Right to Information , the Citizen’s Charter, the Lok Pal are important factors in improving the relationship between the Citizen and Administration.