Good Books to read: Sumit Sircar, Bipan Chandra and A.R. Desai
Listen to the Lecture and read the notes before you begin.
1.The nature of the British conquest was such that peasants , the tribes and dispossessed nobility and their retainers rebelled through out India before the Great Revolt of 1857. Comment
2. What were the Civil Rebellions and what was their base of support?
3. Enumerate the causes of the Civil Rebellions.
4. Why did the Rebellions fail?
5. Name some of the rebellions.
6. How did the British deal with them?
7. What was the impact of these rebellions on the Revolt of 1857?
8.How did these rebellions differ from the Mainstream National Movement