- Sexual exploitation of women at the work place.
The Supreme court has made it mandatory for all States/Union territories to set up mechanisms for implementing the guidelines relating to providing a safe and secure environment to women at the work place to he them to work with dignity ,decency and respect.
The guidelines are all the more important because women victims are reluctant to file complaints due to social stigma and fear of social reprisals.
It is mandatory for every organization to institute a committee headed by a woman/ comprising a lady member to sensitise women employees of their rights.
Sexual exploitation includes indecent remarks; physical/verbal misconduct.
The bill covers employers; clients, contractors and daily wagers who enter the premises including domestic helpers.
An internal complaint redressalmechanism and the stipulation that the committee meet at regular intervals ensures women employees protection and safe environment.
Non-compliance results in imposition of penalties.
- What is the case in which the Supreme court laid down guidelines to prevent sexual exploitation at the work place?
- What grounds constitute exploitation?
- What constitutional provisions are violated?
- What are the penalties envisaged?
- What are the exceptions to the bill?